
(I know I look a little silly y' all, but I like the picture. Me and my brother, Anjan, in San Francisco)
Wrote this a few days ago -
Being a designer, in my opinion, involves the training of one’s skills and applying them to increasingly challenging situations. I sense that I am at one of these points in my learning curve, where I am ready to take my design experience to a more meaningful level.
While in design school, focusing on the micro has taken me away from my eternal Big Question, which is simply, how can I change the world? This is my next goal.
I am excited at the prospect of being involved with creative, motivated individuals and building something concrete with them. I am also excited to interact and be guided by people I respect. I want to peep into their minds and observe how they think. I look forward to how these encounters can impact not only what I will bring to the table, but also my design process in the future.
I am in America for six months. I am trying to make my adventure as rich and varied as I can. My experience at MICA has enabled me to move many steps ahead with my work. I have also savoured the experience of immersing myself in a new and oddly familiar youth culture. My 8000-mile long journey has proved to be unimaginably richer than I could have ever envisioned when I first set out.
ps- have you noticed my new hillbilly accent thing? Drew, my roomate from West Virginia, is giving me lessons.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home