Sunday, May 07, 2006






Hello fatties. So today I went to do my laundry. Big job. Today I had to confront my deep seated fear of the washing machine. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I have never operated a washing machine before. I think it's because in life, I've only ever been flung to the extremes of washingmanship. At Rishi Valley, we hand-washed our clothes and when I went back to Dubai, there was always someone who did my laundry. I've sorta missed out the middle existence. At NID, I absolutely REFUSE to use the washing machines. Waylon once washed his sneakers in them. Need I say more? And why bother with all those buttons when Anju-ben does my laundry @1 Re/item.

So today, my first hurdle was to locate 10 dollars in coins. I went to like four shops to find change. 3$/wash, I washed whites and darks and also had a pile of 'heavy duty' so thats 9$. 1$ to dry for 12 mins. running it twice was good to have everything nice and toasty.

I was quite intimdated by all the knobs and switches, but when I actually looked at them, they were painfully simple, and I scoffed at the me of two minutes ago.

So here are pics of
- The laundry
- Catching up on kylie minogue's new found happiness while the socks dry
- The 70's style driers.
- Folding things in warm neat little piles
- Eating skittles while I wait. Here I was confronted with another new piece of tech. The candy-machine. The things First Worlders take for granted.I had to fiddle with a bit to figure out how my money went in, whether I was expected to hold the packet still while the skittle slid out (only after I open the machine-flap, it turned out), etc etc.

Notice the lost skittles lying beside my feet. *tut tut*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reminds me of my school days when i would do quid a load,drying was included in all of that 100 pence.....days then were simple not quite didactic but yeah simple..less worries.

love
mo

ps:i found the v channel promo quite interesting.

6:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dump my shoes in the washing machine all the time, best way to wash them!

the boring part of washing is the looong wait in between. i see u had kylie for company. i was lucky enough to have the tv lounge right nxt to the washing room while in uni!

-mammen

10:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

11:31 pm  
Blogger Shreyas said...

i want anju ben!!!!!! she washes clothes for a re1 a piece! vo myie gaaad i say

;)
shreyas

1:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anjuben washes clothes fr re1 a piece?! i want!!!!!!!!!

vvo myie gaaaaaad i say

;)
shreyas

1:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home