Friday, May 05, 2006

So come Monday is AGIdeas. Hm. the big conference I've come all the way from India from. Yesterday I was talking to Frank(staff) and he said, honestly, it's a load of shite. I'M not taking this thing lightly considering I've spent a lot of money on registering, so it was good to hear Sam reassure me when he said that he thinks these forums are amazing. The only thing I have to do is be proactive and aggressive. He said I need to make contact with these lecturers, give out my card, badger people, play the Poor Indian Card but somehow manage to extract something out of my situation. hm...and being 20 means I can get away with a lot.

Sometimes I'm beset by moments of self-doubt. What am I doing? Yeah I'm in Australia, but that doesn't automatically make whatever I do amazing. I need to keep pushing myself, keep finding opportunities to see more, do more, meet people. Something I found difficult initially was setting up appointments with poeple to meet at xyz time, pqr place. That's not really what we do at NID. Over there we just expect to bump into each other sometime or the other and sort life out whenever. And it even works to a certain degree, especially since everyone's on one campus. At RMIT, and most other Uni's in the world, you'll see someone in class and sail through the week w/o sighting them again. Of course, there are pros and cons to this.

It was great to have a sort of review with Sam last week, where we sort of went over what I was and wasn;t doing, and what I needed to do. I'm lucky to have found him, he's a great guide. He told me I needed to be more aggressive and proactive when it came to setting up meetings etc. So over the past week I've been actively working on that. And it's paying off.

I think it's really good that I've had this period of incubation before AGIdeas. Sam's sorta seasoned me for what's up ahead.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

11:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home