My video interviews are finally picking up.
My first task here is do three minute video interviews of the staff in Industrial Design at RMIT. There's been a lot of change ever since Soumitri came along to be the new head, and I think he's been amazing in seeing his vision through. So his plan was to make every teacher not just a teacher but a design guru in their own right. An individual, who has his/her own area of study/ reasearch, apart from just teaching. So each staff (faculty) has their own "pathway". Some are more academic, some are social, some deal with areas that link design to the industry, and suchlike. I think it's a wonderful system, where the student looks at his guide with a new certainty.
So in the first week that he was at RMIT he told the staff that by the time he was done with them, they would have a teflon coating around them.
My calendar of things to do is slowly but surely filling up, and I'm hounding the faculty to give me time. My plan is to do the main interview in one place but also have some footage of them in action. Right now I'm still doing background research about them even though I do have interviews lined up this week.
So today I was in Liam's first year Studio class (theres a photo of him earlier in the blog). He conducted it in the most wonderful way. I think the kind of stuff they do here is what Jacob and Waylon and that type would absoultely love. Over i think three weeks theyre going to make radios, well, noise making machines, that interfere with each other by transmission. Im not too good at these things so my explanation may be shaky. So by next week they have to come up with wokring models of their noise makers.
The whole class just mass brainstormed. Liam was on the floor ( I wish I had a pic) with this massive ream of paper, pulling it out at regular intervals and just writing/drawing the ideas that were flowing out. So its group work but solo work too; they make their models alone.
My initial plan was to film Liam in action but, dammitall, the camera battery hadnt been charged. Both of them. And I have to return the damn thing to the AV Dept tomorrow. And book it again. I should have booked it yesterday, I'm such an idiot soemtimes.
My first task here is do three minute video interviews of the staff in Industrial Design at RMIT. There's been a lot of change ever since Soumitri came along to be the new head, and I think he's been amazing in seeing his vision through. So his plan was to make every teacher not just a teacher but a design guru in their own right. An individual, who has his/her own area of study/ reasearch, apart from just teaching. So each staff (faculty) has their own "pathway". Some are more academic, some are social, some deal with areas that link design to the industry, and suchlike. I think it's a wonderful system, where the student looks at his guide with a new certainty.
So in the first week that he was at RMIT he told the staff that by the time he was done with them, they would have a teflon coating around them.
My calendar of things to do is slowly but surely filling up, and I'm hounding the faculty to give me time. My plan is to do the main interview in one place but also have some footage of them in action. Right now I'm still doing background research about them even though I do have interviews lined up this week.
So today I was in Liam's first year Studio class (theres a photo of him earlier in the blog). He conducted it in the most wonderful way. I think the kind of stuff they do here is what Jacob and Waylon and that type would absoultely love. Over i think three weeks theyre going to make radios, well, noise making machines, that interfere with each other by transmission. Im not too good at these things so my explanation may be shaky. So by next week they have to come up with wokring models of their noise makers.
The whole class just mass brainstormed. Liam was on the floor ( I wish I had a pic) with this massive ream of paper, pulling it out at regular intervals and just writing/drawing the ideas that were flowing out. So its group work but solo work too; they make their models alone.
My initial plan was to film Liam in action but, dammitall, the camera battery hadnt been charged. Both of them. And I have to return the damn thing to the AV Dept tomorrow. And book it again. I should have booked it yesterday, I'm such an idiot soemtimes.

4 Comments:
Well!
I'm gone for a few days and look at what happens -- a ton of posts... and pictures to boot!
Keep putting up stuff, Sagarika. There are definitely people who are reading.
Meanwhile... I'll try to figure out what to put up on MY blog next (Ho, hum!)
By the way --
Since you never told me what you were going to do in Oz and since there's really no introduction on your blog, I think it would be helpful if you could write a post telling us what your "project" is about exactly.
Thanks.
I'm glad that you're going to come back, Rashmi
Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home